Monday, August 27, 2012

Keepsake Ornament

Happy Monday!  Today I am sharing a Keepsake Ornament that I made after viewing this post on Pinterest.

My sister-in-law recently got married and I thought this would be a lovely keepsake gift for her.  It's such a creative way to hold onto your wedding invitation (instead of packing it away somewhere...like mine).  LOL!

It also went along nicely with my Themed Gift Basket at her wedding shower.  I put together an entire basket full of cute little holiday knick knacks to cover EVERY holiday throughout the year.  I thought it would be a fun idea to have some cute holiday decor in their new home together.  Plus I am a sucker for all holiday decor.  I put towels, frames, ornaments, candy dishes, signs, etc.  Just a few items to represent all the holidays.  So, as I said, this ornament fit in for CHRISTMAS.

Here is the ornament I made for my sister-in-law.


I loved it so much I made one with my daughter's birth announcement.  (now I need to dig out my son's)  

I even dug out my wedding invitation so I could have my own keepsake, too!

If you'd like to create your own you need:
Clear ornament (from Hobby Lobby/Michaels)
Ribbon
Invitation
Paper cutter

Cut invitation/announcement into thin strips, wrap them around a pencil/pen to curl them, and then place them inside the ornament.  The paper kind of relaxes and the pieces fall into place, perhaps with some manipulation.

Don't want to make your own?  Contact me and I would be happy to create one for you!  These are GREAT gift ideas.  They can be used for weddings, showers, announcements, milestone birthdays, etc!

Thanks for visiting!  I am so glad I could PINspire you!  

1 comment:

  1. أفضل شركة أثاث بأعلى جودة وأفضل الأسعار تقدم منتجات منوعة وغرف مميزة

    ReplyDelete