Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Crockpot Pineapple Chicken

Happy Tuesday!  I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday weekend!  

Today is a FOOD post instead of a craft.  

Last week I made this Crockpot Pineapple Chicken after pinning it a few days earlier.

So here is what it should have looked like.

Here is my outcome.  LOL!

Okay, so I didn't use white rice.  We prefer the brown rice around here.  It's slightly healthier and all.  And here are the changes I would make.  
It was good, but a little too salty (I suspect from the massive amount of soy sauce).
My pineapples soaked up a lot of the liquids as well and lost their pretty color and yummy taste.

So, I am going to try adding only 1/4 (or even a little less soy sauce)
I will use the entire can of juice from the pineapples.
And I am going to add my pineapples maybe halfway through the cooking time.

I would rate it maybe 2.5 to 3 stars out of 5 this time around.

I will keep you posted when I make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment