Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Father's Day Handprint Artwork on Canvas

I started making these in June of 2009 when our first child was just a little over a year old.  Each Father's Day, I have continued the tradition.  We give Daddy this canvas artwork to hang up at work in his office.  It's so fun to see how our little guy has progressed and grown over each year.  And every year he has more control over the project.  The first year I helped along and chose the colors.  The following year, I still chose the colors but our little guy had a little more freedom with the painting (but I still assisted with the handprint).  
As of this year he was a little over 5 and he chose the colors and did all the painting.  (You can see in 2011 we had another addition to the family).  We decided we would let my son continue with handprints and my daughter will add her footprints to the picture.  

I think these make great yearly gifts for Father's, Mother's, Grandparent's, Aunts & Uncles, etc.  It's a fun and inexpensive gift.  All you need is some acrylic paint (in as many colors as you would like) and an artist's canvas.  There are a variety of sizes.  We use 8x10.  You could do a theme and make it in Holiday colors each year!  






Thanks for stopping by!  I hope my project has {PIN}spired you!



1 comment:

  1. If you require professional help to recover your stolen cryptocurrency, or if it was sent to the wrong wallet address, contact easybinarysolutions@gmail.com for assistance.

    ReplyDelete